Many people have experienced the situation where a new cleaning contractor starts off pretty well but then goes off the boil. Their performance deteriorates, so you have to change contractors and the cycle begins again. Here are the 7 key things you should be looking for.
At Brightr, we will work with you to produce a cleaning plan that meets all your cleaning needs.
- A detailed survey of your site and understanding of your needs. Simply matching the price to your current hours is lazy, and a bad sign of things to come.
- A detailed specification- what exactly will they be doing and how many hours will it take? Who is providing consumable items, cleaning materials and equipment?
- Supervision – who will be supervising and how often will they be on site? This is really important as it is the key to quality, along with the cleaners themselves. Can you meet the supervisor before you sign?
- How will they measure quality – is it frequent inspections (the best), the big set piece walk around or by how often you complain?
- How do they treat their cleaners – how do they recruit, what is their training regime, do they provide uniforms and the proper tools to do the job?
- Finally you need some evidence – will they provide references?
- How will they communicate with you? Is there a message book or is it via email or their website?